No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director, Workforce Management Consulting will work closely with client members to improve the overall performance of their workforce management and labor productivity programs. In particular, this individual will identify and implement sustainable solutions to improve patient flow, patient access, cost efficiency, clinical results, patient and physician satisfaction and alignment of workforce management and labor productivity with overall hospital operations.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Supports the development of consulting methodologies to address the current challenges facing hospitals related to the provision of workforce management and labor productivity to their communities
- Lead consulting teams to accurately diagnose the issues the client has identified (as well as underlying issues), and determine the appropriate solutions that will lead the client to achieve best practice performance
- Build consensus among client stakeholders who play a critical key role in the hospital’s ability to successfully implement the identified solutions
- Provide subject matter expertise to other Consulting and Management and Advisory Board Company business units as it relates client challenges in workforce management and labor productivity
- Provide support to other Consulting and Management and Advisory Board Company business units when workforce management and labor productivity expertise is required in dealing with client issues
- Provide subject matter expert input to Advisory Board Company research as needed
- Communicates effectively and accurately in writing and verbally to prospects, members and other staff
- Manage engagement deliverables to established budget
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
- Support Business Development and Marketing efforts
- Participate in and lead internal solution development activities
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field such as Healthcare Administration or Allied Health or related field
- 10+ years of clinical and/or consulting experience in hospital workforce management and labor productivity
- Previous consulting firm experience including project management, developing and presenting deliverables, and analytics
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience leading large scare workforce projects (engagement management) including leading multiple engagements simultaneously
- Support solution marketing and business development activities
- Able and willing to travel at least 80% of the time as needed
- 5+ years of clinical experience in a hospital setting
- Master's degree, MBA or MHA
- Background in healthcare consulting with specific expertise in one or more of the following areas of hospital operations: patient throughput, workforce management, and /or cost reduction
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Workforce Management Director, OptumConsulting, telecommute, optuminsightconsulting