This position is responsible for proper cleanliness and sanitation of the Spenser’s Pub kitchen, dishes, pots/pans, utensils, and glassware.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Clean and sanitize all cooking and eating utensils (not including large chefs/prep/or carving knives) utilizing an automated dishwashing machine.
- Clean and sanitize all dishware and glassware utilizing an automated dishwashing machine.
- Clean and sanitize all pots/pans utilizing approved hand-washing techniques and procedures.
- Clean and sanitize all work areas including the pots/pans sink.
- Clean kitchen floors by sweeping and mopping.
- Take out trash and clean trash receptacles as needed throughout shift.
- Restock dishes and eating utensils on the buffet lines.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, assisting at the pasta bar and meat carving station.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in inclement kitchen conditions. (heat, steam, cold, chemicals)
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required food safety courses and certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 40lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 100lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.
- Static Strength-The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength-The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving our or fatiguing.