Dispatch & Road Supervisor
Become a part of our First Transit team as a Road Supervisor. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive wages - starting at $18.50 per hour
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Dispatch & Road Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Investigates accidents, incidents, disputes and disturbances as assigned, in accordance with policy, and in conjunction with involved authorities.
- Monitors and coaches operator performance and behavior; models passenger interaction skills, coaches operators in use of time, checks and instructs periodically on proper revenue, transfers and farebox data collection, and recommends training or retraining, as appropriate to ensure compliance with safety policies.
- Conducts time point and passenger load checks to ensure schedule and route efficiency.
- Audits service, routes and road conditions and recommends alternate routes to dispatch as appropriate.
- Writes reports regarding service disruptions, security incidents and operator performance/behavior in accordance with policies and procedures. May assist operators in filing of reports.
- Assists in the processing and follow up of customer service complaints and requests.
- Assesses ability of operators to continue in service when investigating accidents, incidents and potential substance abuse problems.
- Coordinates problem resolution among operators, management, passengers and the public.
- Performs as assigned during special events and weather emergencies to minimize service disruption.
- Performs physical work as needed, such as assisting stuck/sidetracked buses, making bus trades and helping wheelchair passengers on or off buses, etc.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be a Lead Dispatcher in case of emergency situations.
- Must have knowledge of attendance policy, union contract, First Transit Employee Handbook, and DOT rules and regulations.
- Schedules time checks as assigned by the Operations Manager on daily basis and as presented by the client agency, ensuring 100% completion.
- Constantly monitors on-time performance and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures that all non-revenue, non-maintenance vehicles are always clean and well maintained according to manufactured recommendations.
- Coordinates operator ride checks
- Accountable for timely operator Am/Pm yard pull outs
Dispatch & Road Supervisor requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED, College Level education highly desirable.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience required as a full time Bus Operator.
- CDL A or B with Passenger Endorsement & Airbrakes preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and willingness to help out in a variety of situations.
- Ability to make quick decisions and work under pressure effectively.
- Prioritizes assignments and organizes time.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.