The primary responsibility of the job is the performance of safe dispatching of trains and crews according to F.R.A. and C.R.O.R. rules and regulations.
- Must understand FRA rules as related to the dispatch function and verify that dispatchers properly apply
- Communicates via telephone or radio with train crews, yard supervisory personnel, M/W personnel and others regarding train movements and instructions.
- Responsible for the oversight of track authorization and occupancy - including main tracks/sidings
- Make sure proper track bulletins, track warrants and communications to train crews is accurate/timely
- Coordinates pick-up and relief for expired crews based on hours of service tie ups
- Monitors train movement and conditions affecting movements, such as weather conditions, train crew availability; engine and equipment availability Monitors general orders, timetables, track and speed restrictions and ensures safety and performance, coordinating responses to unplanned events and emergency situations
- Performs administrative duties relative to hours-of-service requirements, hazardous materials, documentation of train movements and reporting rule violations
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the Accounting and/or Railroad field preferred
- Must possess exceptional organization skills, be detail oriented and able to manage others
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under restricted time limits
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must be proficient in GE RailConnect
- Working knowledge of Accounting
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred
Education Required or Equivalent Experience: High School Diploma or GED with 3 years related experience and/or training;
Education Preferred: Associate's Degree with 3 years related experience or training
Related Experience Required: 3 years related experience or training
Related Experience Preferred: 5 years prior terminal and/or railroad operations experience
Must have a valid driver’s license
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States