Want to work for a company that's REALLY moving? Join First Transit!
The Dispatcher assures all routes are filled as assigned and bus operators are provided with timely instructions and responses to requests for operational information. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive wages starting at $16 per hour.
- Paid Training
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- A full benefits package with paid holidays & vacation
- A great work environment!
Dispatcher Major Responsibilities:
- Responds to customer inquiries and needs in a timely manner.
- Oversees road service assigned carriers.
- Processes route openings, insertions, extensions and issue resolutions
- Uses computer system to retrieve scheduled information and determine the best method to assist client.
- Completes a variety of daily reports and clerical duties
- Answers and directs business calls to appropriate personnel
- Manages emergency situations for vehicle operators; act as liaison between the carrier and emergency services.
Dispatcher Experience & Skills:
- 1 year of customer service, dispatch, or scheduling experience preferred
- Excellent phone demeanor, judgment, and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently
All candidates subject to pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.