Now Hiring a Dispatcher
At First Student, our Dispatchers are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The Dispatcher is responsible for dispatching all buses, ensuring on-time performance of routes, and counseling drivers and monitors on front line.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
- Oversees all routes and scheduling of buses
- Counsels and coaches drivers and monitors
- Handles heavy phone and radio traffic
- Takes all scheduling and driver complaints, report to Operations Supervisor/Contract Manager
- Serves as primary communication liaison with major contracted customer
- May handle charter reservations, billing, or driver payroll
- Provides solutions to drop-off and pick-up problems
- Handle back-up driver duties or perform miscellaneous clerical duties as needed
- Completes assignment of special projects
- Assists with supervision of day-to-day operations
Dispatcher Experience and Skills Required:
- 3-5 years experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of radio dispatch equipment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to deliver under time constraints and deadlines
- Previous terminal operations, dispatch, or driver experience
- Computer literate
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.