Want to work for a company that's REALLY moving? Join First Transit!
The Dispatcher Supervisor assures all routes are filled as assigned and bus operators are provided with timely instructions and responses to requests for operational information throughout the day. This position also responds to customer and team inquiries. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive wages.
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Dispatcher Major Responsibilities:
- Oversees road service assigned carriers by tracking trip performance measures, route begin on time, performance, incidents, etc.
- Provides customer support by responding to questions and concerns regarding customer trips including no shows, cancellations and missed trips.
- Manages emergency situations for vehicle operators; act as liaison between the carrier and emergency services.
- Manages daily service by reviewing route performance and proactively responding to situations that impact customer service.
- Responds to customer inquiries and needs in a timely manner. Serves as intake person for customer complaints/commendations and sells bus passes
- Processes route openings, insertions, extensions and issue resolutions
- Uses computer system to retrieve scheduled information. Uses reference material to quickly and accurately determine the best method to assist client.
- May train/mentor other dispatchers
- Completes a variety of daily reports and clerical duties
- Answers and directs business calls to appropriate personnel
Dispatcher Experience & Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical degree preferred
- 5 - 7 years of customer service, dispatch, or scheduling experience preferred
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal skills
- Problem solving and analytical abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.