Want to work for a company that's REALLY moving? Join First Transit!
The Dispatcher assures all routes are filled as assigned and bus operators are provided with timely instructions and responses to requests for operational information throughout the day. This position also responds to customer and team inquiries. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
Who We Are: First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive wages.
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Dispatcher Major Responsibilities:
- Responds to customer inquiries and needs in a timely manner. Serves as intake person for customer complaints/commendations and sells bus passes
- Oversees road service assigned carriers by tracking trip performance measures, route begin on time, performance, incidents, etc.
- Processes route openings, insertions, extensions and issue resolutions
- Uses computer system to retrieve scheduled information. Uses reference material to quickly and accurately determine the best method to assist client.
- Provides customer support by responding to questions and concerns regarding customer trips including no shows, cancellations and missed trips.
- Completes a variety of daily reports and clerical duties
- Answers and directs business calls to appropriate personnel
- Manages emergency situations for vehicle operators; act as liaison between the carrier and emergency services.
- Manages daily service by reviewing route performance and proactively responding to situations that impact customer service.
Dispatcher Experience & Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Valid CDL Driver's License
- 1 year of customer service, dispatch, or scheduling experience preferred
- 1 year of driving experience preferred
- Excellent phone demeanor and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, judgment and problem solving abilities
- All candidates subject to pre-employment criminal background check, drug screen, and must pass a DOT exam.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
For more information, please contact us at: 202.567.3040
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
First Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; and submit to a drug screen, DOT physical and background check.