The Loss Prevention Supervisor will be responsible for partnering with the Loss Prevention team to ensure the overall protection of company assets in the distribution center including company property, safety, merchandise, associates and their property.
- In partnership with the DC management team, develop, implement and monitor facility safety programs - employee safety and OSHA compliance
- Investigate any security, safety or loss-related incident and prepare detailed reports concerning matters investigated.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of existing physical security equipment such as CCTV (closed caption television) system, access control system, fire and burglar alarm systems, and key & lock system; ensure that all systems are administered and work properly
- Comply with all company/distribution center work rules, policies and procedures regarding performance and conduct.
- Deliver safety/security training to new hires during Orientation process.
- Associate Degree preferred or equivalent of 2 years or more related experience (i.e., retail Loss Prevention, distribution center or guard duty, etc.) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of progressive Loss Prevention methods and shrink strategies.
- Knowledge of Safety Practices; OSHA
- Strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge of retail and distribution operations
- Strong investigation and interviewing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions in stressful situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills required; MS Office Word & Excel
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, entire shift.
- Able to perform physical tasks (bending, lifting, reaching) on a frequent basis.
- Our program of generous benefits includes: Our brand new benefits suite includes four medical plans, two dental plans, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, HSA, FSA and a 401(k) with company match
- Year round associate discount of all the Bed Bath & Beyond chain of specialty stores (including buybuyBaby, Cost Plus World Market, and Harmon Face Values)Paid Time Off program
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.