Distribution Center Hourly Maintenance Associate
- The job duties for the Skilled Maintenance Associate include:
- Assists in installation, maintenance, repair and fabrication of equipment and sortation systems.
- Participates in general warehouse activities as needed, and performs all tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- HS Diploma or equivalent plus vocational training in related technical field.
- Minimum of two years’ related maintenance experience.
- Basic knowledge of pneumatic controls, conveyor belts and electrical systems.
- Reads/understands blueprints/drawings/schematics (electrical, mechanical and architectural).
- Reads/understands technical manuals and specification sheets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail; responds with a sense of urgency, customer service and pro-activeness.
- Must be able to work required schedules, including overtime; days and hours may fluctuate to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to calmly react to and handle emergency repairs
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team.
- Our program of generous benefits includes: Our brand new benefits suite includes four medical plans, two dental plans, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, HSA, FSA and a 401(k) with company match
- Year round associate discount of all the Bed Bath & Beyond chain of specialty stores (including buybuyBaby, Cost Plus World Market, and Harmon Face Values)Paid Time Off program
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.