In accordance with Company prescribed policies and procedures, provide daily and long term leadership in the distribution and warehousing of product to wholesale and retail customers. The Distribution Center Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and controlling the over-all operations for the Distribution Center (DC) including transportation and logistics. Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Maintains safety and accident prevention programs to ensure a safe work environment and compliance with any and all applicable OSHA and company regulations. In addition, the DC Manager ensures the physical condition of DC and the equipment are properly maintained for the safe operation of the DC including meeting company standards for sanitation, maintenance, safety, and security
- Assures standardized processes, based on best practices, are in place to ship the highest quality product at the lowest cost by maximizing performance capabilities through the use of people and equipment
- Develop labor and facility plans and have understanding of local labor market to ensure that the DC has the capacity to perform these logistical functions to support company sales goals and initiatives
- Ensures the facility meets or exceeds all government and corporate requirements for associate health, environmental, and safety compliance
- Sets daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly goals for the DC and its personnel, and evaluates performance against established standards
- Coachs and develops associates to meet business goals
- Manage all inventory processes to insure accuracy, quality and on time delivery of product from inbound operations to outbound operations. Evaluates material handling systems, methods and procedures; recommends improvements to achieve future capacity and growth requirements
- Other duties assigned by management
- At least 5+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience with WMS systems and mobile RF technology required
- Familiar with LTL and International Shipping protocol required
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.