At First Student, our District Managers are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety and customer service. The District Manager ensures overall performance across locations and provides leadership to Location Managers within the district. The District Manager also represents First Student with school administrators for contract negotiations and represents the company for all labor negotiations working with the Area General Manager.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
District Manager Responsibilities:
- Assists Area General Manager with providing effective direction and accountability in day-to-day management of multiple locations.
- Tracks and addresses trends in KPIs. Leads and develops action plans with Location Manager addressing location performance gaps.
- Tracks and addresses local competitive threats to route share.
- Defines business terms in union and non-union wage negotiations.
- Negotiates customer contract terms, working with AGM.
- Addresses escalated customer satisfaction issues.
- Maintains school decision maker relationships.
- Drives customer retention. Brings about strong customer relationships by effective and consistent communications and the desire to exceed client expectations.
- Ensures locations apply First Student safety practices.
- Ensures an accurate forecast of performance provided to FS management.
- Negotiates school contracts with sustainable value and competitive revenue per route, working with the Area General Manager.
- Drives union CBA's that maintain competitive wage rates and driver efficiency, working with AGM.
- Supervises Location Managers in delivery of cost optimized operations and service.
- Maximizes contract revenue pricing and volumes, working with AGM.
- Drives tuck-in contracts and charter revenue growth.
District Manager Experience and Skills Required:
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years management experience with transportation or logistic experience.
- Experience in operations management with good analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Business background in financial, strategic, and/or organizational analysis
First Student’s commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you’ll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you’ll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.