Job Description Description
Are you a natural leader that thrives in a rapidly changing environment? Are you someone that enjoys managing, training, and developing others to grow the business and increase sales? Would you like to grow your career with the nation’s leading hospital retailer? As a DISTRICT MANAGER, you will work closely with your team to drive sales management, operational duties, and motivate your team to success. You will be highly involved in continually driving 10-15 individual store locations while guiding your sales team and providing them the mentorship and direction needed to achieve sales objectives.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE TO WORK HERE:
- Career growth with the nation’s leading gift shop management company
- Medical, Dental, and other benefits including a 401K plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- District Managers receive bonuses and other rewards
WHAT YOU WILL DO (Responsibilities):
As a District Manager, we will look to your ability to lead by example and have a deep understanding of the competitive landscape. Your leadership will set the tone for your team to meet and exceed performance goals. You will work closely with your Regional Manager and your Store Managers on merchandising and sales while maintaining positive hospital connections. You will also:
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills and solid decision-making skills
- Focus on the continuous recruitment, promotion, retention, and termination of store employees while monitoring and manage district wide staffing levels
- Actively manage, train, coach, supervise and regularly visit your Store Managers while working collaboratively with your Regional Sales Manager on the status, progress, and needs of their district
- Ensure that location sales teams are always following Lori’s Gifts policies and procedures
- Provide and model extraordinary services to ensure customer satisfaction
- Be responsible for inventory shrinkage and security of district locations
- Collaborate with Store Managers on building excellent sales teams through identification of successful sales skills and behaviors
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the store sales staff to accomplish sales, productivity, and profit
- Record and assist the store management teams in researching any merchandise/asset discrepancies from the inventory /bulk counts and always ensuring that each location maintains a high standard of merchandising, proper displays, and appearance.
- Function as an intermediary between Company Management and Hospital Administration
- Handle all intensified customer service issues with professionalism
- Analyze district sales results and trends to achieve increases and maximize sales
- Other duties as assigned.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all the 'essential functions' for purposes of the ADA.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR (Requirements):
We look for the District Manager to have proven experience leading a diverse team to success. Your background in sales and within a retail setting plays a meaningful role to this position. We are also for you to bring the following:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of previous multi-unit retail management experience, previous specialty or big box experience ideal
- Availability to work extended hours during holiday season and other high traffic periods.
- Ability to lift and/or move objects and displays (up to 30 lbs.), bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands.
- Ability to travel frequently unaccompanied and unassisted, with some overnight stays to complete store visits.
- Possess strong customer service skills including clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess basic mathematical skills and working knowledge of computerized cash register and POS system.
- Basic knowledge of common computer applications including MS Word and Excel.
- Proven ability to work productively with others, welcome and adapt well to change, communicate thoughts and feelings effectively
WHO WE ARE
We are the heart of the hospital experience. Our guests visit our store locations for different experiences while visiting loved ones in the hospital, or between breaks while at work. Lori’s Gifts is a unique retailer servicing over 370 hospitals nationwide for the last 37 years. We continue to grow because of our compassionate employees that remain close to the positive hospital relationships we have developed in the communities we serve.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.