H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a District Operations Coordinator with a strong ability to deliver executable results that will enable the company to achieve strategic business objectives. You’ll be responsible for all operational and administrative activities for company owned tax offices. You may support multiple District Managers in a matrix management structure and manage Messenger and/or Custodian labor. Specific areas of support include, but are not limited to, adjusting labor staffing and scheduling, coordinating office setup and shutdown, ensuring all supplies are available to district offices, and leadership of labor command center.
What you'll do...
- Make adjustments to labor staffing and scheduling of district and provide reporting to District General Managers and Company Support Managers
- Maintain the asset management inventory
- Adjust office hours to ensure they are consistent with company guidelines
- Coordinate the setup and shutdown of all offices for the assigned districts
- Coordinate with landlord and facilities to ensure office standards are consistently met
- Manage the centralization of supply ordering and distribution
- Management of messenger and custodian to support office upgrades, delivery of supplies, or other activities to help the operational support of tax offices
- Assign clients of non-returning/moving Tax Professionals to other Tax Professionals based on expertise (i.e. client matching)
- Local coordination of a national contract for cleaning of offices, coffee, water, and other office amenities (This includes an agreement with Iron Mountain for the storage and retrieval of tax documents.)
- Attend district meetings to observe and participate and coordinate town halls as well as end of year recognition events and other district-wide activities (e.g. OL Conventions)
- Provide administrative support to District leadership and District staff as necessary
- 3-5 years of operational experience in retail, service or similar work environment.
- Strong ability to deliver executable results that will enable the company to achieve its strategic business objectives
- Strong leadership background and knowledge of how to handle problems quickly and efficiently
- Excellent communication and logistical planning skills with a proven ability to coordinate activities within a matrix management structure
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively work under strict deadlines, while organizing multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to research and summarize operational data for use in managerial decisions
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision at various times
- Good verbal and written communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer system and applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.