A District Sales Manager (DSM) is an effective communicator that performs the duties of a sales manager. This position leads the sales representatives within a territory in their completion of timely sales and merchandising priorities. The position also participates in the development of associates into future management. We achieve optimal results by implementing the Anderson Approach, which consist of Collaboration, Presell and Awareness, Implementation, Reporting and Post Reporting.
The DSM is a decision making position that reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES, include but are not limited to the following:
· Responsible for communicating and collaborating on promotions and programs to market level managers and store managers.
· Lead and train district associates in store management communication and collaborating to increase sales and execution.
· Collaborate with Human Resources to recruit, interview, and hire quality sales associates.
· Works closely with Regional Operations Coordinator to communicate program and project expectations and metrics.
· Works closely with Regional Associate Coordinator to communicate training initiatives.
· Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with all Anderson Merchandisers’ associates, clients, and contacts.
Pre-Sell and Awareness
· Communicate goals and metrics for products, programs and initiatives to Territory Sales Leads and Sales Merchandiser.
· Sell placement and products to market manager and team and store manager and management.
· Make regional manager and coordinators aware of success or potential barriers.
· Lead and train district associates skills and effectiveness to increase product sales and promotion placement.
· Meet Company/Retailer/Client execution, compliance and accuracy standards and metrics within district.
· Responsible for SP* training and accountability for all personnel within district.
· Responsible for A+ Certification achievement for all personnel within district.
· Monitor dashboard reporting projects and programs in order to take real-time corrective action to ensure that project objectives are achieved.
· Responsible for integrity and accuracy of execution compliance for all work activities within the district.
· Responsible for ensuring knowledgeable, detailed understanding and consistent use of all available functions of handheld device for all personnel within district.
· Responsible for maximizing Company sales and profits while controlling expenses.
· Maintain company, client, and retailer confidentiality.
· Conduct timely performance evaluations based on company timelines.
· Coach high level of associate performance and leadership development through regular store visits and quality feedback.
· Meet Anderson and client execution standards and metrics within district.
· Control expenses and maximize company profit.
· Monitor dashboard reporting projects and programs in order to provide real-time responses and communication on sales priorities. Provide solution-focused direction for sales representatives and merchandising specialists.
· Assist in assessing current programs and promotions.
· Train district associates how to communicate specific sales and promo placement results.
· Communicate specific sales and promo placement results with store and market managers.
· CoRetail Execution East LLCSales