About This Position
Supporting the Regional Director, the District Supervisor provides regional assistance to instill a client-focused culture throughout the district, resulting in increased client retention and client satisfaction. Responsible for assisting with accelerating business growth through implementation of business plan, marketing, and identification of growth opportunities.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring seasonal tax office associates. Assist with supporting Office Leaders in hiring of office-level associates.
- Coach and elevate performance of associates through goal-setting, coaching, and providing timely feedback. Support Office Leaders in end-to-end performance management of office-level associates
- Responsible for providing associate development opportunities, partner with team members to help build a culture of recognition and focusing on associate retention, resulting in a high-performing, energized, and collaborative district team.
- Champion client experience by ensuring every office associate is focused on easing the client’s tax-related stress by providing a welcoming and personalized service. Seek and utilize client feedback to drive decisions and prioritize client-focused change. Promote the H&R Block brand within community, to clients, and to associates.
- Assist with implementing business plans and identifying district growth opportunities to exceed business results and rapidly gain market share by implementing a district-level market plan. Hold Office Leaders and associates accountable for business growth at office and individual levels. Utilize business data to make decisions to drive business results.
- Develop, implement and monitor strategy to increase client satisfaction and client retention within district.
- Manage staffing, labor, and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Six to eight years of business experience to include strategic development, budgeting and people management
- Effective management of field personnel to include a working knowledge of organizational planning techniques including the development of goals and objectives, staffing, and work standards
- Strong customer relationship skills with the desire and proven ability to work in a diverse work setting
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills that apply to all levels of the organization
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects and work initiatives while meeting deadlines
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work irregular schedules
Three to five years management experience