Job ID 34479
Position Location US-VA-Norfolk
Facility Name Division Wide – Mid-Atlantic
Job Category NHA/Executive Director
TC CB GD
Position Status FT (Full Time)
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care, Skilled Nursing health care providers in our dynamic facilities located in the Mid Atlantic Division.
As one of America’s top leading providers of medical services and rehabilitation for elderly patients in communities across the nation, Consulate Health Care provides the highest standard of services for short-term and long-term care needs. Our professionals impact our organization, our clients, and their families in a variety of constructive ways, every day. Even as we’ve grown to become the sixth-largest provider in the nation and the largest in the Sunshine State, it’s the little things we do while fulfilling our mission statement of “Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands” that really make the difference.
A position with Consulate Health Care means more than just a paycheck. We believe in creating a positive environment that reinforces your efforts to succeed and supports your long-term career development. We offer the opportunity to work with large corporation, but with the benefit of a small company feel!
Lead and direct the overall operations of and provide full-time oversight and accountability for assigned facility or agency. Provide coverage, stabilization and progression of the business plan during times of vacancies and on-boarding of newly hired leaders. The Divisional Executive Director must also conduct an immediate assessment of systems/processes in place at the care center they are supporting to ensure compliance with company practices are in place as well as conduct a leadership evaluation of the care center department heads to determine and create a plan to upgrade and or develop talent where identified.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Leads management staff and consultants in developing and working from a business plan that focuses on all aspects of operations, including setting priorities and job assignments. Monitors each department's activities, communicates policies, evaluates performance, provides feedback, and assists, observes, coaches and disciplines as needed
- Develops an environment that allows for creative thinking, problem solving and empowerment in the development of a successful management team
- Exhibits positive customer service both to internal and external customers through the ongoing support and implementation of the company’s customer service initiatives and business objectives.
- Maintain a working knowledge of and ensure compliance with all governmental regulations
- Monitor Human Resources practices to ensure compliance with employment laws and company policies, and to ensure practices that maintain high morale and staff retention to include effective communication, prompt problem resolution, proactive supervisory practices, and maintaining a proactive work environment
- Manage budgets and business practices to include labor costs, payables, and receivables. Monitor business activities to ensure
- procedures and standards are followed, appropriate handling of funds and that sound credible business practices are followed at all times
- Communicate budget guidelines and expectations to department managers
- Bachelors Degree or appropriate education to meet requirements at a level necessary to accomplish the job
- Licensed Administrator in state of consultation
- Minimum five (5) years proven leadership experience
- Proven track record in performance management and effective leadership
- Ability to travel extensively including overnight stays and for extended periods of time
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
Facility and Benefit Information
Consulate Health Care rewards its professionals for their hard work and dedication to company success with a comprehensive benefit and incentives program including enhanced generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability and much more. We provide competitive pay, and a multitude of opportunities for career advancement, and personal growth. As a Consulate employee, you will provide service to our caregivers who fulfill our mission of “ Providing service with our Hearts and Hands ”.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Consulate Health Care is excited to introduce our New Work Life Balance Program
Consulate Health Care recognizes the significant time demands on select positions and now offers a Work Life Balance Program (WLBP), a favorable benefit for both the employee and company allowing flexibility in time off. The Work Life Balance Program is not your typical accrual based program, but is considered “ Unlimited” time off for the purposes of vacation and absences related to illness/injury. Our WLBP is available to you effective immediately upon start! No waiting periods! You may take up to two (2) consecutive weeks at any time, with prior approval from your supervisor. In addition,employees covered under WLBP will automatically be paid for the six (6 ) company recognized holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
We recognize the importance of your position and as such, we’ve gone through great lengths to provide you with a superior work/life balance program, which is not easily matched—or even available—in the long term care sector.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients