Job ID 39133
Position Location US-FL-Largo
Facility Name Largo Health and Rehabilitation Center
Job Category Admin - Clerical
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Customer Service Representative
Purpose of Your Job Position
As an Ambassador Ancillary Services (DME) Customer Service Representative, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate’s Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide innovative, responsible results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of your job position is to order DME supplies for CHC nursing home residents. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As DME Customer Service Representative, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. This position is a non-supervisory function. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or manager to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Order products for DME customers.
- Manage inventory levels of products.
- Read and understand medical terminology.
- Create and maintain patient records in accordance with current Company policy and Medicare guidelines.
- Validate proper payor source for products (Medicare B, secondary insurance and facility).
- Progress reports and timely information completed as required.
- Reviewing and updating facility logs as needed.
- Provide billing documentation per established timeframes.
- Adhere to the established documentation escalation process.
- Maintain excellent communication with facility designees and DME staff.
- Attendance required at all meetings and conference calls at the discretion of your supervisor.
- Must be computer literate, excellent working knowledge of all pertinent software related to DME.
- Must stay in compliance with all federal, state, and local government regulations and agencies.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Demonstrate the core values in every business interaction, with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow established safety regulations, to include fire protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
- Follow established ergonomics policies and procedures governing lifting techniques, repetitive tasks, and the use of safety
- equipment and supplies to prevent work-related injuries and illnesses.
- Works in designated office location or facility.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Constant communication with skilled nursing facilities via telephone, e-mail and fax.
- Secondary Education Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs and in-services as needed.
- Experience in insurance billing, Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance, especially Medicare Part B.
- Experience in the following DME produces: Enteral Nutrition, Urological, Ostomy, Tracheostomy and Wound Care supplies.
- Experience in reading physician’s orders.
- Must be able to work independently, within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, coordinating, and organizational skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language and possess good communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide training, where appropriate, to serve the needs of the residents.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of teamwork and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing training practices.
- Must possess the ability to plan and develop new programs.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents and staff.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety to other individuals in the workplace.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of the company, which include a medical and physical examination.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, difficult people within the facility.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 10 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 10 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations, where appropriate.
- Must acknowledge the fact that this position is a cross-trained position. The employee must be fluent in both, the ordering and billing, of each segment of the position.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients