Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The DME / Pharmacy Delivery Technician is responsible for the delivery and set-up of medical equipment in a professional and customer service oriented manner.
- Understand and be able to follow map / route book directions
- Deliver and instruct patients on a variety of medical equipment to include and not limited to: oxygen, svns (nebulizers), hospital beds and wheelchairs and other Pharmacy or Medical equipment and accessories
- Complete required paperwork and route sheet for all deliveries
- Pulling of medical equipment when warehouse staff is unavailable
- Travel to patients homes / facilities with in the Clark County / Central Las Vegas area (approx. 100 miles)
- Able to complete 12 to 15 deliveries in an 8 hour shift
- Responsible for training patients and caregivers in equipment use
- Participates in on call rotation
- May perform other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 75+ pounds
- Ability to travel within Clark County / central Las Vegas area and Nye County when required (approx. 100 miles)
- Must be insurable by United Health Service's auto insurance company with a clean driving record and hold a current NV drivers license
- Ability to Participate in on-call after hours and weekend rotation
- 2+ years experience as a delivery technician in the medical field (i.e. delivering DME, respiratory or pharmacy equipment)
- Knowledge of medical equipment (sufficient enough to allow for the pulling of equipment when warehouse staff is unavailable)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Driver, DME, Pharmacy, Delivery Technician, Healthcare, Medical, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada