Shift Days: mon-fri; Shift Hours: variable
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated DNFB Coordinator to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The DNFB Coordinator is responsible for daily monitoring of the DNFB Report, working closely with HIM record processing staff, the Medical Staff and various hospital departments to ensure that proper, adequate and timely documentation and charges are available to enable coding and billing. They assist with resolving coding-related DNFB/DNFC issues that are the result of missing or inadequate documentation.
- Create, prepare and distribute daily DNFB/DNFC reports to identified stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the stakeholders to remediate both uncoded and unbilled accounts as quickly as possible.
- Maintain detailed documentation of all correspondence activities.
- Maintain daily documentation of reconciliation process for missing records.
- Collaborate with, and assist, HIM analysts/record processing staff, CDI and the Medical Staff regarding missing physician documentation.
- Participates in weekly DNFB status calls/meetings.
- Establish and maintain long-term customer relationships with clinical departments, the coding team, CDI, administration and medical staff members.
- Associate's Degree with one year of HIM department experience; or, Certified OP Coder with one year of HIM hospital experience; or will consider HS or Equivalent diploma with two years of HIM department experience.
- Minimum of one year of experience in an HIM Department; acute inpatient or outpatient hospital coding experience preferred.
- Coding certification CCS, CCS-P, CPC, or CPC-H or RHIA or RHIT, preferred.
- Tenacious/determined to resolve uncoded/unbilled cases very efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to comprehend and analyze large quantities of operational data.
- Must be able to use standard office equipment and information systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to proactively prioritize work and have a keen ability to multi-task.
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.