PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Domestic Food Safety Manager is responsible to provide food safety oversight of food and beverage suppliers for Buffalo Wild Wings by developing, maintaining, implementing and managing a risk-based food safety approval program for North American food suppliers and distributors.
- Develop, implement and continually improve product-specific risk-based food safety requirements for Buffalo Wild Wings food and beverage suppliers.
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive food supplier and distributor facility review, approval tracking and monitoring program.
- Manage the review and approval of Buffalo Wild Wings food and beverage suppliers and distributors food safety programs, third party audits, and documentation on an annual basis.
- Provide food safety education and guidance to internal and franchisee stakeholders to assist in making educated decisions when working with new and existing suppliers.
- Work closely with the Food & Beverage and Operations departments during new product development and second sourcing initiatives.
- Develop, implement and maintain a food and beverage recall process.
- Lead food and beverage recalls for Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Travel to conduct onsite visits of high risk food and beverage suppliers and distributors.
- Maintain current and accurate records of all relevant communications, audits, inspections, corrective action plans and effectiveness monitoring for all approved and potential suppliers.
- Work closely with claims team on guest incidents related to suppliers; act as SME on product incidents.
- Develop controls for identified hazards based on science and risk-based principles for identified products.
- Responsible for monitoring of regulatory trends that may impact suppliers; communicate with suppliers as needed to track compliance.
- Participate in restaurant emergency contact hotline response night and weekend rotation.
- Perform other related duties, tasks, and projects as assigned.
- BS in Environmental Health, Meat Science Food Science, Microbiology, Biology or related field
- Minimum of six years of food safety industry experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Multiyear experience in managing effectively the above listed areas of responsibility
- In-depth understanding of produce and meat food safety
- A strong understanding of food manufacturing for multiple product categories with in-depth understanding of food safety, HACCP, and GMP programs
- Strong understanding of Federal food safety regulations
- In-depth understanding of Global Food Safety Initiative Audit Schemes
- Experience conducting risk assessments and analysis on products and vendors
- People and results oriented
- Bottom line management skills and strategic thinker
- Excellent presentation, and oratory skills
- Deep analytical skills
- The Domestic Food Safety Manager is limited on the spend authorities as established by corporate governance.
- Authority to implement against all agreed upon and approved supply change strategy as directed
- Authority to implement process improvements in contracting once approved