DescriptionThe Dr. Call Phone Pharmacist is a registered Pharmacist who is responsible for the accurate and timely dispensing of prescribed medication to patients. The work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Dr. Call Phone Pharmacist ensures adherence to quality assurance standards, accurate tracking techniques and a review process prior to shipping medications to patients. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
This position will be part of an inbound phone team handling calls from healthcare professionals. Responsibilities of the role include taking new prescriptions from providers, prospective DUR review, clarifying existing prescriptions received at Humana Pharmacy to ensure timely dispensing of medications, transferring prescriptions to and from Humana Pharmacy, and performing profile read outs for current therapy to local healthcare facilities
- Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy
- Licensed as a PHARMACIST in state(s) of practice
- Ability to participate in Federal prescription programs
- Self-directed, but also able to work well in a group
- Ability to solve problems and encourage others in collaborative problem solving
- Work ethic that is focused, accurate, and highly productive
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with computers
- 3+ years' experience in a high volume community or mail order pharmacy practice environment
- Shift schedules 11:30am to 8:00pm EST and 11:45am to 8:15pm EST. No weekends, no holidays.
- There is potential for work at home with this role.
Humana is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment and to promoting the health and well-being of its associates. Effective July 1, 2011, Humana has adopted a tobacco-free hiring policy that will promote a healthier workplace and will not hire users of tobacco and nicotine products. If you have any questions, please consult with your recruiter.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40