No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Join First Transit in providing safe, reliable transportation for disabled passengers using the RediWheels system in San Mateo County. These are critical services that make a real difference in the lives of our passengers and will make you proud of the work that you do every day.
We are proud to offer:
- Paid Training
- $2000 Sign on bonus (restrictions apply)
- Medical 80% paid by company and Dental insurance
- Great working environment
- Paid Time Off/Sick days
- Floating holiday
- Company paid Termed life insurance
- 401-K Matching
- Uniform and safety equipment paid by company
Van Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a current California driver’s license
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience (in a personal vehicle)
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Able to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends.
As a Van Driver, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Drive a First Transit van in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: 934 Brewster Avenue, Redwood City, CA 94063!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.