No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
$500 SIGN-ON BONUS (*Conditions apply)
CDL B PERMIT REQUIRED - CDL TRAINING PROVIDED!
At First Transit, bus drivers are the foundation of our business. Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages
- $500 Sign-on Bonus!* (conditions apply)
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan
- Cutting-edge training
- A great work environment
Bus Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver's license & a CDL B Permit
- Must obtain CDL Class B with Passenger & Airbrake endorsements upon hire - We will train!
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience (personal or professional)
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check, drug screen and DOT Physical.
Bus Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs.
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: 1201 Clemens Center Parkway, Elmira, NY 14901!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.