A Driver reports to the Transportation Supervisor and is responsible for providing safe supervision and safe transportation daily to OSBI Members as well as being a responsive and courteous communicator with Member families/guardians to ensure in laboration with the Transportation Team that the daily transportation schedule is implemented. The Driver is also responsible to ensure that daily vehicle inspections and other required reports are completed and all repair or supply needs for vehicles are reported to the Transportation Supervisor at the beginning of each transportation run.
One Step Beyond, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and a Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disability (DES/DDD) Licensed, Contracted Provider Agency. Our Vision is a world in which individuals with disability are fully included in all aspects of community life and are appreciated for the contributions they can make to their community. Our Mission is to provide programs and services that empower individuals with disability to realize the opportunities that lead to achieving the fundamental components of a fulfilling life: maximum independence, meaningful work, enriching social relationships and full inclusion in the community life. We offer programs in vocational development, employment and placement; life skills training, focusing on social skill development, functional literacy, and house hold management: recreation and fitness, including Special Olympics; and cultural arts opportunities.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 6+ months working with individuals with intellectual disability or a similar population requiring attention and compassionate care
• Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to gain knowledge and implement practices that show attention to compassionate and safe supervision of individuals with
• Appropriate certifications and clearance according to State Regulations
• Good driving record, must pass MVR inquiry
• Collaborate with Transportation department to implement, and maintain transportation routes and schedules for daily home to program and program to home transportation needs.
• Report all accidents/incidents to the Transportation Supervisor or Manager, and laborate with the Transportation Manager to file reports with the insurance provider and key members of the management team and others involved in the incident/accident.
• Ensure all vehicle transportation books and emergency first aid and provision safety packs are complete and perform vehicle checklists/reports as ected to do so by the Transportation Management Team before each transportation run.
• Implement safe defensive driving techniques and ensure the safe supervision and all around safety of passengers at all times.
• Project a professional, knowledgeable, and capable image consistent with the One Step Beyond mission in public interactions.
• Consider the welfare, growth and development of program members as a top priority in all support and instructional activities.
• Communicate effectively and respectfully with members and parents/guardians to address concerns, maintain positive relationships, and serve as an advocate for members and a resource for parents/guardians.
• Handle difficult situations with a positive attitude by actively seeking problem resolution, creative solutions, and program and organizational enhancements to ensure program effectiveness.
• Actively participate in staff and administrative meetings and in-service training/workshops and program special events.
• Demonstrate and model professionalism - personal determination, reliability, resilience, maturity, and consistency.
• Seek opportunities to share knowledge, experience, and best practices with leagues to enhance organizational and team effectiveness.
• Continuously evaluate department effectiveness, and suggest improvements and adjustments to program strategies.
• Seek opportunities to laborate with and learn from leagues to achieve a greater degree of service to the organization and its program members.
• Demonstrate self-awareness of strengths and challenges and implement strategies to enhance strengths and address challenges.