The Keystone Senior Commitment
“At Keystone Senior, our commitment is to change your perception and the experience of “retirement living”. Quite simply, we offer our residents a lifestyle that is happier, healthier and more fulfilling than they may be experiencing now. Our assisted living and independent living communities represent a positive lifestyle choice. We replace daily chores and isolation with a life that is interesting, active, and fun”
Primary Purpose and Job Function: Working in accordance with established policies and procedures and/or specific instructions from the Director of Facilities and the Life Enrichment Director, the Driver is responsible for the safe transportation of Residents to programs of Keystone Place at Naples Preserve and/or other services. The Driver must be courteous, helpful and understanding at all times. The nature of the scheduling of appointments requires flexibility in job performance and areas of assignment.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00-4:30pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To conduct a general inspection of the vehicles on a daily basis to determine that they are in good working order and meet sanitary standards set forth by the Executive Director.
- To safely transport Residents to medical or health-related appointments and/or community programs and services as assigned.
- To adhere to the transportation schedule outlined by the Enrichment Director.
- To bring problems relating to the operation of the vehicles to the attention of the Facilities Director immediately.
- To obey all traffic and safety laws mandated by the State of Florida.
- To utilize the hydraulic wheelchair lift correctly and safely, in accordance with the vehicle recommendations.
- To assist the Enrichment Director in maintaining the cleanliness of the vehicles and ensuring that inspections, oil changes and tune-ups are up to date.
- To adhere to the Policies and Procedures as established by Keystone Place at Naples Preserve.
- To attend all mandatory staff meetings and in-services.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Life Enrichment Director or Facilities Director.
- To maintain the confidentiality of all residents and staff of Keystone Place at Naples Preserve.
General Protocol for the Vehicles:
- Vehicles should be kept clean inside as well as out. The interior should be vacuumed/swept out and sprayed down weekly or as needed. The cleanliness of the vehicles is important for sanitation purposes as well as the impression made upon our Residents.
- No food or drink is allowed on the van unless it is part of an activity. All trash and debris should be removed promptly.
- Smoking in the vehicles is strictly prohibited!
- Drivers should not eat or drink while driving.
- Cell phone may only be used if hands-free. Otherwise, Driver must pull over and stop driving before taking a call. It is too dangerous to hold and talk on a cell phone while driving.
High school diploma or equivalency. Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License and have a good driving record. The driving record will be checked annually.
Complexity: Must be able to handle a multiplicity of routine tasks, follow specific instructions carefully and completely. Must be able to react appropriately to emergency situations. Supervision Received: Under the direct supervision of the Facilities Director.
Other Contacts: Daily contact with staff, Residents and family members. Requires the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to cooperate with all departments.
Confidentiality: Exposed to confidential data of which disclosure would be a violation of applicable law and contradictory to the best interests of the community, residents and professional ethics.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and sit for extended periods of the time (over 60 % of the regular work day).
Working Condition: Moderate to heavy physical effort about 20 % of the regular workday. May be exposed to the elements of weather (heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.) for short periods of time.
Safety: Requires excellent driving skills, safety awareness, ability to handle emergency situations, and the ability to understand and follow policies and procedures and driving laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Job Type: Full-time