No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
If you are looking to start a career where you get to do something worthwhile, help lots of interesting people, and become part of a great team, join the First Transit as a Full -Time Bus Driver!
First Transit offers fantastic opportunities including:
- Competitive wages-starting at $15.72/hour
- Paid training
- Career advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) plans, and paid holidays and vacations
Bus Driver Responsibilities:
- Drive paratransit vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule.
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required.
- Stop at designated points to load and/or unload passengers.
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters.
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble.
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary.
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents.
Bus Driver Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver's license
- 3 years of driving experience (personal or professional)
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report
- CDL with a Passenger endorsement
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Join Our Team - Apply Today online or in person at: 100 West Jefferson Street, Springfield, OH 45501!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.