No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Now Hiring Paratransit Drivers!
NEW $1,500 Bonus for Having CDL C/P CDL!
We're expanding our operations - now seeking CDL & non-CDL drivers!! Come join the First Transit team and be a part of something great!
Join the First Transit team as a driver. Our buses equipped with rangers to assist guiding to trips. We cover a large service area 2,000+ square miles (Camden, Burlington, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland Counties NJ and Center City-Philadelphia).Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $1,500 sign-on bonus for those with valid CDL C/P!
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401(k) savings plan, etc.
- Steady, year-round employment
- Paid training at $10.50/hour
Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
Driver job requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
CDL with Passenger Endorsement (or CDL with N1 or N2 restriction) highly preferred
- Must be willing to obtain CDL within 1 year of hire
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Knowledge of Southern NJ and Center City, PA.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
Become a part of our team - Apply today online, or in person at: 133 East Atlantic Avenue Lawnside, NJ 08035!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.