NEW STARTING WAGES!
$2000 Sign-on Bonus for CDL C/P drivers!
Come join the First Transit team and be a part of something great!
Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation to residents of Union County each day. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages starting at $18/hr!
- $2,000 Sign-on bonus for fully qualified CDL drivers!* (conditions apply)
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan
- Cutting-edge training
Bus Driver requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid CDL with Passenger Endorsement (or CDL with N1 or N2 restriction)
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience
- Paratransit experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Bus Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs.
Become a part of our team - Apply today online, or in person at: 896 Frelinghuysen Avenue, Newark, NJ 07114!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.