Driver (Part Time)
Primary Location: OH-OHElyria-HR/OH Elyria
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
The Youth Support Coordinator provides assistance to individuals served with behavioral and living skills, behavioral health goals and interventions. You will be primarily responsible for transporting individuals to family visitations, medical appointments, etc. all in accordance with an Individual Treatment Plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Provide transportation for individual(s) receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments.
- Includes operating vans and/or mini vans as required.
- Responsible for providing training, assistance and/or supervision to individual(s) in the areas of community and social integration and/or behavior health skills.
- Establishes a therapeutic relationship with individual(s) to ensure effective guidance, support and service delivery.
- Provides support to ensure objectives are met in accordance with the Treatment Plan.
- Maintains current progress and service notes and any other appropriate documentation.
- Completes and submits all required documentation to the direct supervisor in accordance with any applicable policies and deadlines.
- Attends training and other meetings as required
- Reports incidents of maltreatment, medical and behavioral concerns in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintains confidentiality, respect human rights and practice universal precautions in accordance with Company policy.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Qualifications: <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the Job
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Six months of experience in human services preferred
- Must be 21 years of age
- Educated/Trained in mental health competencies
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Valid driver's license in good standing.
- Car registration and auto insurance if driving on the behalf of the Company or providing transportation to individuals receiving services.
- All state required training and certification completed in mandated timeframes.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Competencies in basic mental health skills, and other competencies established by the agency.
Ohio MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network.
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers with ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 consumers in 36 states. We offer an array of quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, acquired brain injury and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
We have a great work environment and you'll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis