Primary Location: MD-MDPikesville-1017 Resiterstown Rd
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support the seniors and adults we serve. As a Driver/Program Assistant with Adult Day Health, you’ll be one of those special people. Serving as a Driver/PA, you can have an amazing impact in the quality of services for the adults and families we support as you work to insure our program meets our members’ individual needs. Be part of a strong team making a difference in their lives each day. For ADH and The MENTOR Network, a Driver/PA is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
Specific tasks include:
- Daily, weekly, monthly safety and maintenance checks of assigned vehicle(s).
- Assists clients with transferring following training guidelines
- Monitors and assists in serving at mealtimes as necessary,
- Works as a member of the treatment team. Cooperates and effectively communicates with other staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of Living Skills and programming for each participant
- Facilitates leisure planning with participants. Assists participants with participation in activities. Accompanies participants on leisure activities.
- Interacts with participants in an empathetic, respectful, caring, and dignified manner
- Adheres to Emergency Manual guidelines
- Is well trained and is able to conduct emergency drills
- Maintains cleanliness and appearance of clients at all times. Complete all cleaning activities as identified on cleaning schedule and as assigned by supervisor.
- Completes necessary documentation, reports, etc. in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner
- Attends staff meetings, conferences, in-services as assigned by supervisor
- Assists with compliance of DPH requirements
- Follows confidentiality requirements at all times
- Adheres to Participant Bill of Rights and other policies and procedures
- Cares for and maintains all recreation and residential equipment. Confers with supervisor regarding current equipment status and needs. Communicates supply and maintenance needs to supervisor
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and to initiate, develop and facilitate groups
- Responsible for participant safety and well-being at all times
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and the Employee Information Guide
- Successfully completes mandatory training. Responsible for attending annual refresher/ re-certification courses prior to certification expiration dates.
Qualifications: What we offer you:
- A chance to make a difference in peoples’ lives on a daily basis
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive pay rates and paid time off
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, employee events
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Six months to one year of experience in the human services industry preferred.
- Valid Driver's License from state of residence
- Clear driving record for 5 years
- CPR/First Aid certification or willingness to learn
- CNA License is preferable
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!