Driver Program Assistant
Primary Location: MA-MADorchester-34 Hancock St
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Adult Day Health Inc
Adult Day Health is looking for an individual who is caring and committed to adult and elders' well-being.
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support the seniors and adults we serve. As a Driver/Program Assistant with Adult Day Health, you’ll be one of those special people. Serving as a Driver/PA, you can have an amazing impact in the quality of services for the adults and families we support as you work to insure our program meets our members’ individual needs. Be part of a strong team making a difference in their lives each day. For ADH, a Driver/PA is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
Specific tasks include:
- Provide safe, reliable transportation services between clients’ homes and the facility, and to/from appointments as needed
- Daily, weekly, monthly safety and maintenance checks of assigned vehicle(s).
- Assists clients with transferring following training guidelines
- Monitors and assists in serving at mealtimes as necessary,
- Assists participants in basic (grooming, toileting, feeding, shopping, etc.) according participant’s plan of care, as directed by nursing
- Facilitates leisure planning with participants. Assists participants with participation in activities. Accompanies participants on leisure activities.
- Interacts with participants in an empathetic, respectful, caring, and dignified manner
- Adheres to Emergency Manual guidelines
- Completes necessary documentation, reports, etc. in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner
- Follows confidentiality requirements at all times
- Adheres to Participant Bill of Rights and other policies and procedures
Qualifications: What we offer you:
- A chance to make a difference in peoples’ lives on a daily basis
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive pay rates and paid time off
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, employee events
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Six months to one year of experience in the human services industry preferred.
- Valid Driver's License from state of residence
- Clear driving record for 5 years
- CPR/First Aid certification or willingness to learn
- CNA License is preferable
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!