No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
The Driver/Trainer trains drivers and other location employees with respect to safety and regulatory compliance. First Transit hires individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Driver/Trainer major responsibilities:
- Provides classroom and/or behind-the-wheel training to new operators or re-training of current operators. May provide other training to location personnel.
- Drives operator routes when needed.
- Tracks attendees and maintains training documentation based on regulations and company policy
- While the focus of the position is on driver training, the employee may also have other safety program responsibilities (e.g., accident investigation, forms compliance, safety meetings).
- CDL Testing
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years transportation, safety, training, or related experience preferred
- Must possess CDL with Passenger endorsement, VTT, and GPPV (will train)
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding safety and environmental issues
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Good verbal, written and relational communication skills, with ability, to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials and general public
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
Interested in learning more? Stop in to our location at: 123 N. East Street, Suite 102, Madera, CA 93638
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.