Are you ready for your next challenge? Discover it here at UnitedHealthcare (UHC) and help us reinvent the health system. As one of the largest managed care organizations in the United States, you'll be working in a professional culture where you can use your talent and our resources to make an impact on a huge scale. When you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.
As a Clinical Pharmacist you will perform live telephonic outreach to UHC Medicare/Medicaid members to improve health quality outcomes (i.e. medication adherence, appropriate drug utilization). This is your opportunity to join a pharmacy team with a focus on clinical and business collaboration. You will find an incredible team culture that provides opportunities to learn and evolve every day. If you are located near Orlando, Jacksonville or Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. Local travel will be required up to 25% of the time based on business needs.
- Perform telephonic outreach to improve health quality outcomes
- Optimize pharmacy therapy through additional telephonic engagement with providers and pharmacies
- Oversee pharmacy projects from inception to completion
- Provide responses to drug information requests
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Identify solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Coach, provide feedback, and guide others
- Collaborate with an integrated health care delivery team for pharmacy related practice quality
- Ability to travel to certain providers to drive medication adherence as needed in surrounding area
- Counsels providers and patients regarding medication adherence and Stars ratings
- Conduct practice specific pharmacy data review to improve adherence to specified medications.
- Available and acts as a clinical/pharmacy resource for the clinical support teams
- Completing a comprehensive medication review of prescription and non-prescription medications with emphasis on patient assessment and counseling, safe and effective use of medications, identification of potential drug interactions, and other related activities
Current and unrestricted pharmacist licensure in state of FL
3+ years of experience working as a clinical pharmacist
Patient consultation experience
Ability to navigate MS Office and Windows-based environment
Retail and/or mail order pharmacy experience
Bilingual in English/Spanish
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Clinical Pharmacist, Pharmacist, DSNP, Medicare, Medicaid, PharmD, patient consultation, retail, mail order, PBM, managed care, MCO, Bilingual, Spanish, Telecommute, FL, Florida, Daytona, Ft Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville