Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Community Outreach Representatives are accountable for servicing and growing lead generation opportunities for Dual Medicare - Medicaid sales force through provider and community outreach. You will work as part of a state - wide North Carolina Community Outreach Team to educate, inform and collaborate with key partners across North Carolina, making information about UnitedHealthcare’s Dual Special Needs Plan serving individuals with complex medical conditions available. You will identify and engage with stakeholders who work with key Dual eligible individuals and groups, and will build long - term relationships that help establish UnitedHealthcare as the leader in Duals Special Needs managed care plans.
You will set up and conduct meetings, forums and presentations for Dual Eligible populations throughout your assigned territory, and collaborate with other representatives on same work in other territories, as needed. You will also work closely with our UHC Agent Managers and external sales agents and teams to staff events with those who will focus on the direct sales.
- Acts as service representative and resources for assigned projects at the health plan.
- Assist in setting up, obtaining materials and supplies for exhibits and meetings with community.
- Assists in collecting, tracking and organizing educational material on community networks and advocacy groups as directed by the Duals Manager.
- Supports health education activities programs as they relate to the target Dual population.
- Manage and track leads and data pertaining to Dual events and outreach with the broker team.
- Assists Sales leadership in preparing documents for plan reporting and provides analysis on implications of lead generation and other data.
- Analyze growth trends and enact strategies for territory to identify and execute on sales and retention strategies in the field.Will operate at a high level of independence and will remain in contact with Director and / or Manager on a daily basis.
- Responsible to adhere to the current CMS Marketing Guidelines. Each COR will be provided a copy of the most current Marketing Guidelines. COR's are responsible for reading, understanding and performing their role according to Compliance guidelines.
- Meets and / or exceeds department service standards and productivity goals consistently.
- All other professional duties as assigned.
- High School Degree / GED or higher
- Have a valid Accident & Health or sick license or able to obtain within 90 days of employment
- Have a valid Medicare Supplement Long Term or able to obtain within 90 days of employment
- Must be willing to travel at least 50% of the time within the assigned territory and work evenings and weekends, as required
- Core business hours with the ability to work nights and weekends based on events scheduled
- 3+ years in a community outreach, sales or similar direct customer contact role.
- Proficiency within Microsoft Excel (Ability filter, sort, create and edit spreadsheets)
- Proficiency within Microsoft PowerPoint (Ability to create, edit decks and present presentations)
- Proficiency within Microsoft Word (Ability to create and edit documents)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Community outreach and engagement experience
- Prior Medicare sales experience
- Bilingual skills in Spanish is a plus
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Health Care, UnitedHealth Care, community outreach, sales, Microsoft Office