This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The DSNP Outreach Manager is responsible for managing a team of Community Outreach Representatives that function as liaisons for the sales distribution team in supporting DSNP enrollment. The Manager should have strong leadership ability and specialize in self-generating new lead opportunities that can result in sales.
The Manager does this by assisting the team in working with multiple partners to include Health Plan leadership, Medicaid and Provider Outreach Team, Broker Managers and / or Agent Managers. Collaboratively, they will determine Community Based Organizations and Provider connections that can conduct events aimed at member engagement and sales opportunity for potential Dual SNP prospects within various community settings, as applicable to the market.
The Manager of Outreach will ensure Community Outreach staff follow compliance and regulatory guidelines and ensure leads are correctly tracked. The Manager is expected to be present at community events to oversee staff, educate and influence prospects, influence decision makers, actively retain membership, build and maintain relationships with Community Based Organization leadership and Providers, as applicable to the market.
If you are located in the Omaha area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Achieve and exceeds assigned goals
- Travel throughout the territory(ies)
- Execute a sales plan that includes strategies and revising strategies as dictated by market changes, sales results and other factors
- Effectively promote the DSNP product within our core network partners
- Understand CMS regulations and state and federal Medicare requirements including MIPPA and HIPPA Guidelines
- Conduct regular ride - along with staff members to ensure both compliance with CMS standards and that sales goals are met
- Continue to enhance and maintain a solid knowledge of Medicare regulations, the managed care industry, the competitive environment, pertinent legislation, etc.
- Effectively recruit and hire qualified staff and provide for training and development
- Communicate performance expectations and goals, evaluate performance results, provide feedback to staff and administer appropriate rewards
- Identify sales trends, document prospect feedback and contribute constructive thoughts to Local and National Sales and Product regarding marketing, product, network, and systems related matters
- Manage staff performance by providing feedback and coaching on key performance indicators and productivity
- Effectively manages multiple projects
- Escalate potential issues/risks and operational impacts for the day-to-day operations of the DSNP product
- Implement actions to maximize the member, customer and provider experience to deliver value and exceed expectations of the customer. Utilize NPS initiatives for the customers and those who serve the customers.
Bachelor’s Degree or Higher or equivalent work experience
3+ years sales management experience or Senior Sales / Team Lead experience in managed care industry
3+ years selling in Medicare or managed care industry
Active State life & health insurance license or willing to obtain within 90 days upon hire
Valid driver’s license and insured, reliable vehicle
Proficient in MS / Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & Power Point)
- Have established professional relationships with local / community contacts
Experience selling Medicare Advantage Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans (D - SNPs)
Market analysis and budget skills
Experience with Direct Member / Provider Engagement
Strong ability and experience analyzing data
Public speaking skills and the ability to facilitate large groups
Experience coordinating large events and working with charitable organizations
Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity - can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, comfortably handles risk and uncertainty in a manner consistent with UnitedHealth Group’s core values.
- Act as a team player - work collaboratively with others (both inside the sales unit as well as outside) to achieve goals, relate to others in an open and accepting manner, keep others up-to-date on information they need, contribute ideas and support decisions made by the team and the organization, treat people with dignity and respect
- Deliver quality results – proven ability to meet or exceed performance standards in a timely manner. Attention to detail and ability to track/maintain various components/data elements required/needed (e.g. sales materials, files, etc.)
- Decision making – Uses facts, sound judgment and applies business knowledge when making decisions within existing processes as well as when to escalate. Ability to quickly identify and effectively resolve issues/problems in a way that supports the long-term goals of the organization yet meets the immediate needs of the situation.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: DSNP, Medicare, Medicaid, Outreach, Manager, Sales, Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan, Provider, Omaha, NE, Nebraska