External Job Posting
Ensure product readiness including optimized copy and imagery prior to launch on Shopko.com. This includes sample and copy acquisition from Shopko merchants and vendors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Web Copy Management
• Organize product copy uploads in preparation for scheduled internet launches.
• Create unique, SEO-enriched copy content utilizing keywords to optimize internal and external search rankings.
• Identify and leverage information which informs, educates and influences the buying decision. Information to include: technical specs, size charts and buying guides.
• Edit and modify product copy content provided by merchants and suppliers.
• Develop and maintain copy standards by category.
• Provide ongoing merchant and vendor training on standards and requirements
• Ensure Web description is optimized to improve SEM and SEO.
Web Image Management
• Organize product digital asset uploads in preparation for scheduled internet launches, maintaining a high level of product integrity and efficient time to site.
• Manage physical sample collection in collaboration with Merchant Category Assistant and Vendors.
• Tag samples and check them in to ecommerce photo studio 6-8 weeks prior to product “go live” date.
• Maintain tracking systems for sample movement from turn-in to production.
• Requisition samples as necessary in Shopko stores, schedule photography and return samples within 48 hours.
• Monitor site to ensure image accuracy and obtain updates as necessary
SKU Set Up & Web Item Creation
• Create Web ID for new product to be added to the site as directed by Ecommerce Merchandiser.
• Ensure fulfillment method is assigned and indicators are correct.
• Ensure inner and outer package dimensions are accurate.
• Evaluate dim weight to determine if a surcharge needs to be assessed to meet profitability standards establish by Ecommerce Merchandiser.
• Review and establish appropriate attributes for filtering and ease of search and navigation.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• 4 year degree or equivalent business experience; Ecom experience preferred.
• Content Management experience preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills.
• Photo or image editing experience a plus
• Strong supervision skills
• Excellent communication skills
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package! If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.