External Job PostingPOSITION SUMMARY:
Develop copy concepts. Write and proofread copy ecommerce content across a wide variety of media; varies depending on placed area. Assist Creative team including providing specific and actionable feedback.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Creative Development
- Establish copy direction.
- Work with merchants to understand key trends and big ideas.
- Research and gathers product information to fully exploit reasons to buy.
- Brainstorm new ideas seasonally for assigned FOB. Develops and presents new concepts to merchant team.
- Partners with Designers to develop and present concepts and ensures copy and design complement/ elevate one another. Executes concepts through production.
- Set the standards for assigned FOB’s and shares them with creative team. Ensures that copy standards for FOB’s are maintained and kept current.
- Write, edit and revise product copy for circular, direct mail, print and ecommerce. Corrects errors in formatting, spelling, punctuation and grammar. (90% editing, 10% writing).
- Translate merchant language into consumer-friendly copy.
- Follow Shopko copy voice, seasonal standards and copy manual standards.
- Accurately and efficiently inputs and edits copy on pages at all stages.
- Review Copy Editor’s thumbnail layouts for hierarchy of messaging, clarity of headlines, consistency.
- Prioritizing daily tasks to meet deadlines in a process driven environment.
- Build strong relationships with merchandising partners and becomes the key go-to person for their FOB’s.
- Acts as liaison for creative team in key meetings.
- Ensure that all work supports powerful marketing messages.
- Review prior years of work of both Shopko and competition to identify opportunities to strengthen our promotions.
- Ensure that value is effectively communicated in all work.
- Work collaboratively with marketing colleagues, merchandising and other key stakeholders to seek out needed information to make sound copy/marketing decisions.
- Communicate openly, offering up ideas and suggestions to improve the strength and clarity of our advertising messages.
- Partner with marketing, merchandising, and legal staff to assure copy is accurate, on brand and in compliance with legal standards.
- Maintain copy manual to reflect current standards for disclaimers, promotions, etc.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communications, Advertising, Communications, Journalism or English (copywriting emphasis preferred) or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 4 years of copywriting experience preferably with retail experience. (Portfolio required.)
- 1 year of leadership/management experience or demonstrated aptitude with project leadership
- Proficiency with proofreading and editing
- Marketing knowledge and the ability to write for various formats
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects and business priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-faced environment
- Mac OSX, proficient in InDesign, and Word
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.