External Job PostingPOSITION SUMMARY:
Works closely with eCommerce creative, marketing, merchandising, CRM, internal IS teams, and external partners to help solve business problems or add value to business process by designing, coding testing, documenting, integrating and supporting eCommerce applications. This position will help bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation taking an active role on both sides and helping to define how an application will look as well as how it functions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Programming and development
- Code and publish weekly promotional content on eCommerce platform that supports desktop and responsive mobile web
- Develop user interface for customer facing mobile and desktop web eCommerce applications using HTML, CSS, and jQuery.
- Working knowledge of JSON, when using web API’s.
- Perform technical quality assurance as it relates to cross browser compatibility and page load performance
- Build front end code for special projects
- Provide support tasks and complete projects outside of normal work hours when needed
- Experience with common testing and debugging tools
- Knowledge of tag management platforms
- Experience slicing designs and elements from Photoshop, and optimizing image sources for high-DPI screens
- Troubleshoots business and production issues
- Supports other digital marketing channels and initiatives as needed
- Develops knowledge of business processes
- Consults on the evaluation of web and mobile application interfaces
- Attends meetings regularly to provide technical guidance and propose digital solutions
- Gathers, documents, and creates technical business requirements
- Partners with internal and external teams on system design parameters and to understand system dependencies
- Complete projects determined on an as-needed basis
- Maintains pulse on interactive space and acts as change evangelist to bring forth initiatives for the organization
- Helps to support Search Engine Optimization projects
- Implements A/B and multivariate tests through digital testing tools
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years total software development experience and strong experience with front end technologies including content management systems
- BS in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Agile/SCRUM Software Development Process experience preferred
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and ability to follow-up
- The ability to quote dev time accurately and meet deadlines
- Strong desire to learn new systems and develop processes
- Basic source-control experience and a comfort level with checking code
- Understanding of UX design
- Working knowledge of Github, and other programming tools.
- Willingness to share knowledge and experience with other members of the team
- Ability to respond positively to changing and fluid processes
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package! If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.