For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are looking for talented professionals with flexibility, initiative and crisis/clinical experience to fill multiple openings for EAP Specialists on our Philadelphia team. In this unique role, you would provide telephonic assistance to our clients' employees who are dealing with a variety of issues, from workplace stress to family problems and mental health concerns. This is an opportunity to make a positive, measurable impact in people's lives while enjoying a stable weekday schedule in a collaborative work environment - we also sponsor your continuing education credits!
- Taking calls from a queue in a call center environment
- Responding to crisis calls, determining member eligibility and benefit coverage, and triaging calls appropriately
- Initiating counseling referrals
- Providing certifications for appropriate outpatient care
- Assisting in the coordination of services with providers
- Making clinical notes and updates in the care management database
- Utilizing counseling skills if a crisis call comes in (although this is not a counseling position)
This is an onsite position in downtown Philadelphia. Monday-Friday with an 8 hour shift sometime between the hours of 8:00am-7:00pm. Must be able to work until 6:00pm or 7:00pm on a rotating base.
- Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or related field
- Active, unrestricted mental health license in your state of residence (LCSW, LSW, LPC, LMFT, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in a mental health setting
- Ability to work a rotating schedule Monday-Friday with an 8 hour shift sometime between the hours of 8:00am-7:00pm. Must be able to work until 6:00pm or 7:00pm on a rotating base.
- Computer proficiency is a must, as are solid typing skills
- A background working with various age groups
- Previous EAP experience
- Experience in an inpatient setting
- Crisis management experience
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: EAP, EAP Specialist, Therapist, Counselor, LCSW, LMFT, LSW, LPC, Psychologist, Social Worker, Philadelphia, PA, Pennsylvania