The eCommerce Director of Operations is responsible for setting the vision and leadership for our direct to consumer distribution channel and will lead our Customer Service organization. This position ensures Cost Plus World Market properly manages warehouse capacity forecasting, inbound shipments, inventory movement, and delivers products from our warehouses to our customers on time through our network of internal and third-party distribution centers. Through strategic management and hands on leadership, this position instills a culture of continuous improvement and delivers cost and productivity improvements through applying strong analytical and problem solving skills and utilizing best distribution practices.
- Work with VP of Supply Chain to set and drive the strategic goals and vision of eCom Operations
- Partner with operations, marketing, inventory management and merchandising to create annual strategic plan for fulfillment, inbound logistics, outbound shipping, customer care, and cross functional operations.
- Manage third party distribution relationships and determine appropriate long-term distribution strategy to support company growth
- Proactively work with business unit leaders, inventory planning, customer service, sales and production to ensure operations is supporting customer requirements and achieving fulfillment and delivery expectations.
- Build superior analytical and forecasting capabilities through technology and people
- Lead and manage staff to achieve goals and deliver superior performance through improved lead times and service levels.
- Ensure proper systems and procedures are in place to track and maintain inventory levels
- Report to senior management on operational and productivity metrics, resource needs and opportunities for improvement.
- Successfully manage department budget. Maximize dollars and reduce costs through improved performance and maximized efficiencies.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement in productivity, cost control, service and inventory accuracy.
- Plan to ensure capacity is sufficient to meet monthly volumes
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8-10 years experience managing eCom Operations, including 3rd party warehouse partners in a direct to consumer environment
- Additional experience in Industrial Engineering, Distribution, and broader Supply Chain concepts preferred.
- Ability to travel and spend 15% to 20% in the field
- High integrity and strong business ethics
- Strong problem solving and quantitative analysis capabilities
- Strong financial and P&L management. Metrics driven
- Decisive visionary and leadership skills; ability to balance strategy with day-to-day tactical issues.
- Establishes realistic commitments and executes well. Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Strong collaborative business partner who works well with peer group as well as across all levels in organization
- Demonstrated experience with managing and implementing significant change in rapidly growing organizations
- Attention to detail – possessing right combination of detailed, hands-on capability combined with the ability to see and manage issues at a higher level
- Experience with implementing warehouse management systems
- Experience in planning, and forecasting. Success in making appropriate risk/reward tradeoffs making astute business decisions with limited or incomplete information
- Proven success in hiring, retaining and managing talented people
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.