Here’s your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new in-house creative team of one of the largest, most successful retailers in the US. The Editor, Content & Social Media will be integral in creating and editing best-in-class content for one of the nation’s most popular retail brands across various channels and media (digital, social, video, editorial).
You will play a crucial role in content brainstorms, content creation, and writing/editing a variety of story types across a broad spectrum of customer touchpoints. Reporting to the Editorial Copy Director, the Content Editor should be equally comfortable writing, editing, and ideating in a diverse range of content types, including video, web stories, social posts and infographics. Our offices are in lower Manhattan.
We are seeking someone with writing, editing and analytics experience who is highly organized, self-motivated and wants to be part of the beginning of a world-class in-house creative team. Experience writing, editing and producing content in the lifestyle and home space is beneficial, as is editorial experience. If you have a pioneer spirit, are enthusiastic, and thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, then you are a great candidate.
- Conceive unique, original, best-in-class branded content campaigns that align with our diverse audiences and company goals
- Create, maintain and strengthen brand voice and identity through copywriting and editing for social media and blog posts, as well as video and special projects.
- Work with the creative team to manage branded content campaigns from concept development to execution to launch
- Write, review and edit copy for all content and social channels, including blog posts, slide shows, social media posts, image captions and video, as well as special content for the brand as needed
- Ensure copy is well-written, thoroughly reported, on-brand, grammatically correct, and logical, while also in line with our style guide and preferred formatting
- Ensure partner content is in line with the objectives of our advertising partners and in accordance with regulations for advertising
- Help evolve and uphold best practices and standards for branded content across all topic areas
- Must be able to flag and communicate any big-picture issues to senior members of the team
- Ability to work across departments and with both internal and external stakeholders. You enjoy partnering with others and possess strong concept development skills. You’re driven by tight deadlines and motivated by creating custom content that contributes to a high customer engagement rate.
- Ability to prioritize and organize. A multitasker who loves to take on a good challenge, especially on a tight deadline.
- Ability to see the big picture, but your attention to detail and creative flair make you an invaluable asset to any team.
- Ability to analyze business needs and cater content to relevant target markets.
- 5+ years of experience in publishing or digital media and three or more years of experience in content marketing. You understand the retail and editorial landscapes and maintain high standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Strong writing skills and a grasp of voice
- Flawless command of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Attention to detail and experience managing junior editors or associates
- An extremely strong writer - from short, witty Instagram story posts to long-form blog content to video
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment against tight deadlines, without sacrificing accuracy or attention to detail
- A passion for writing and editing
- Genuine interest in digital creative and branded content
- Never-ending patience and a positive attitude
- Excellent time management skills, with an ability to take ownership of your projects, deadlines, accuracy, and results
- Experience working with a variety of content types, with a strong understanding of the strategy behind writing for specific platforms, including character limits, inclusion of website links and imagery
- Can adapt to many different projects at any one time
- Experience in an agency environment
- Experience writing for the lifestyle, food, and/or home space
TRAITS WE VALUE:
• Enthusiasm for being part of a highly productive and efficient creative team
• Drive to see projects through to the end and deal with the adversities along the way
• Collaborative mentality, ability to recognize how to get things done as a team
• Holistic thinker who can keep their eye on the big picture even when focused on details
• Open and flexible to new processes, platform changes, and emerging technologies
• Strong interpersonal skills – effective and diplomatic communicator
• Excellent written communication skills
• Analytical and able to process complex data and glean useful information from it
• Self-confidence and composure to accept critique, process it, and apply the learnings to improve
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.