Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Education and Training Manager to join our Patient Access team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Education and Training Manager will be responsible for managing the quality and education activities for the Patient Access Department. This person develops and implements on-going education offerings related to topics within the registration process to ensure quality data collection and compliance with policies and procedures.
Your day to day role will include:
- Design patient access department quality and education training for new and current employees with a focus on meeting productivity and quality metrics that connect employees with business and operation goals.
- Develop and implement new hire orientation and training program for patient access staff as well as monitoring and updating training as required.
- Develop and implement regular educational updates for all patient access staff on a wide variety of topics to ensure quality data collection and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison with Patient Financial Services,
- Partner with managed care and other key departments to monitor types of errors to ensure training materials meet the business needs of the organization.
- Utilize department feedback from departments to ensure quality initiatives implemented improve revenue cycle processes.
- Maintain accurate and correct database for staff participation in education programs.
- Prepare, administer and score various registration competency written tests for new hires and ongoing
- Develop self-study modules on various components of the registration process.
- Maintain and distribute schedules for standard on-going training sessions offered.
- Present complex information and processes, using language and analogies appropriate to the audience.
- Monitor and coach new team member’s progress in job understanding, use standard operating policies, and critical thinking techniques to resolve outstanding claims.
- Participate in projects, systems development and other tasks as needed.
- High diploma or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 4 years of training experience with end user training in a business environment
- Demonstrated the ability to meet deadlines, seek and apply accurate information in a dynamic environment.
- An understanding of how to deliver technical training in an instructor-led/classroom with additional online courses incorporated into the curriculum.
- Knowledge and application of adult learning principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experienced in working with Learning Management Systems (LMS) for registration, attendance and audit tracking.
- Strong leadership ability to control and direct classroom audience
- Ability to interpret Revenue Cycle workflows, processes, and terminology in order to translate information into educationally sound training content
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.