The Email Operations Manager is responsible for managing email platform configuration and automated email projects (automated trigger development, etc.). The ideal candidate must be an email expert with a passion for new technology, a strong hands-on experience in day-to-day email execution, excellent project management skills, and able to thrive in a fast paced environment with cross-functional teams and vendors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall administration of email marketing automation systems, designing and implementing email trigger and nurture programs, evaluating effectiveness of the programs, and ensuring smooth integration across platforms.
- Work closely with analytics teams to produce complete end-to-end views of nurturing and segmentation effectiveness. Using this information, inform segmentation and frequency strategies for automated trigger series.
- Project manage email development projects from defining functional and technical requirements, building test cases, managing project workflow with internal/external team to deliver project on time, and monitoring post-launch program effectiveness.
- Responsible for leveraging email marketing reporting to derive insights and inform strategies to improve program effectiveness.
- Subject matter expert on all data and systems related to email in order to drive smooth execution as well as develop and enhance systems for future growth
- Understand all systems housing email data from worldmarket.com, CRM database, email service provider, internal reporting systems
- Support the loyalty program in how this data is leveraged for the email channel
- Develop segmentation guidelines for trigger campaigns based on audience analysis, customer's behavior, offer forecast, past campaigns performance, etc.
- Communicate results and provide/implement improvement recommendations.
- Optimize trigger campaign performance through email testing: plan and coordinate tests, collaborate with analytics team on test results, share insights and next steps with teams
- Monitor industry best practices. Integrate best practices to ensure optimal email results, improved deliverability, and compliance around permission-based marketing, privacy and spam regulation (CAN/SPAM)
- Minimum 5 years of email marketing experience, retail experience preferable.
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of email marketing and systems
- Deep knowledge of major ESP platforms: Oracle Responsys (preferred), Salesforce ExactTarget, etc.
- Experience with dynamic content and responsive templates
- Prior experience with DMP and marketing automation tools a plus
- Experience in API based trigger strategy, then partnering with dev team to implement
- Sufficient knowledge of HTML and CSS to be conversant with development teams.
- Some SQL experience preferred, though not required.
- Excellent project management skills along with excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent team player; proven ability to apply innovative ideas and critical thinking to projects and the organization's opportunities, and able to work with various teams: creative, IT, analytics, etc.
- Able to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in a high volume, fast paced retail environment
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Power Point. Tableau a plus
- BA or BS Degree required
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.