Here’s your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a new in-house creative team of one of the largest, most successful retailers in the US. The Email Production Developer will be integral in creating email marketing creative for one of the nation’s most popular retail brands across various channels and media (print, digital, social, video, editorial), reporting to the Design Director. Our offices are in lower Manhattan.
We are seeking someone with email production design and development experience for top-level brands who wants to be part of the beginning of a world-class in-house creative team. Experience working in Dreamweaver is beneficial, as is coding of imagery and content into established templates, while also have the ability to build and adjust new code. If you have a pioneer spirit, are enthusiastic, and thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment, then you are a great candidate.
- Design & develop email creative using highly complex, data-driven responsive HTML templates.
- Work within Dreamweaver to build and test email creative.
- Design creative, original graphics, and manipulate code for a variety of electronic media.
- Design sophisticated interactive experiences for email.
- Perform quality assurance and troubleshoot code rendering across multiple desktop and mobile devices using email testing and analytics platforms, such as Litmus.
- Be a subject matter expert on industry standards, best practices and proper coding techniques to achieve correct rendering in all email environments.
- Proactively work with teammates and clients to achieve balance between expectations and realistic deliverables.
- Identify scenarios where email assets are not adequate or incomplete and communicate the importance of guidelines and process, following up with recommendations when necessary.
- Support other members of the creative team with knowledge share, open communication, shared workload and good old-fashioned teamwork.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required. (Art or Design Degree preferred.)
- 3-5 years of relevant HTML / Dreamweaver work experience is required. Got email design experience? We're interested.
- Expertise in HTML-email.
- Experience optimizing HTML to display across browsers and email clients.
- Strong ability to develop creative concepts for maximum lead conversion (landing page optimization).
- Knowledge of design and user interface principles.
- A love for responsive email coding, through the use of @media queries.
- Passionate about the email industry and motivated to learn more.
- Able to hand-code HTML and CSS.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Gmail and Android mail app.
- Experience with Litmus or Email on Acid, advanced Adobe Photoshop and Dreamweaver skills, and comfortable working on a MacBook.
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with others and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment.
- Able to translate technical explanations to non-technical parties.
- Previous work within an enterprise-level ESP is a plus.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.