Department:OH1MH_22000_001 Emergency Dept Services Mce
Expected Weekly Hours:24
Shift:12 Hour Night Shift
Position Purpose:Our Patient Care Support colleagues support our mission in a variety of ways. Their compassion and commitment to collaborative excellence positively impacts our patients and the communities we serve. This is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart.
In return, Mount Carmel provides excellent learning and growth opportunities, excellent benefits and opportunities to succeed.
Job Description Details:
The Emergency Department Tech provides care in an atmosphere sensitive to each person's physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. The ED Tech is accountable for providing patient care as appropriately delegated by RN. This includes - personal care needs, clothing lists and preparation for admission.
- Initiates respiratory interventions including oxygen therapy and assistance with preparation for intubation per physician order or protocol
- Initiates and discontinues intravenous lines and intraosseous (IO) access as requested by the physician
- Interprets cardiac rhythms and initiates appropriate treatment (CPR/defibrillation)
- Transports and monitors stable telemetry and non-telemetry patients
- Maintains professional radio communication with incoming EMS units
- Performs patient care activities as appropriately delegated by the RN in a timely manner
- Meets EMS at their point of entry
- Ensures rooms are clean and ready for EMS patient arrival
- Tracks EMS volume daily
- Assists in ED patient flow with nursing staff
- Activates internal EMS alerts
- Facilitates transfers with ED and transfer center staff
- Completes patient follow up calls and tracking
- Performs visual acuity, eye irrigations and equipment setups
- Performs CLIA-waived testing as assigned.
- Follows appropriate protocols and participates as a team member for trauma, stroke, STEMI and sepsis alerts, and resuscitation.
- Performs wound care and practices sterile technique when appropriate
- Performs suture and staple removal, excluding facial region.
- Inserts foley catheters (MCSA only), and obtains specimen from urine collection bag
- Performs EKG
- Performs Phlebotomy
- Performs orthopedic duties
- Participates in hazardous materials or disaster events
- Performs duties as assigned in triage including facilitating door to EKG benchmark
- Collects and documents patient data, i.e. vital signs, weight, procedures performed
- Reports observations and condition changes to RN and/or physician in a timely manner, i.e. change in vital signs, symptoms
- Effectively utilizes computer systems appropriate to area
- Takes responsibility for restocking department as needed
- Prepares patient and room for examination/evaluation
- High school graduate or equivalency
- Effective Communication Skills
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.