Department:OH1FC_22000_000 Emergency Department
Expected Weekly Hours:36
Shift:12 Hour Evening Shift
Position Purpose:An affiliation of Mount Carmel and Fairfield Medical Center, Diley Ridge Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical complex that includes emergency, inpatient and diagnostic services as well as an attached medical office building. Located in Canal Winchester, the center serves patients throughout northern Fairfield County, including the communities of Pickerington, Groveport, Canal Winchester, Carroll, Baltimore and Violet Township.
At Diley Ridge Medical Center, we’re proud to be a part of the lives of the people in our community. That's why we're looking for Techs who have a strong spirit of community, sense of teamwork and constant focus on excellence.
Job Description Details:
Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Education: High school graduate or equivalency preferred.
- Successful completion of an approved course(s) which includes basic patient care skills, EKG, and phlebotomy preferred.
- Experience: Previous patient care experience and / or technical education in health related field preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and receive multiple directions.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills.
- BLS, healthcare provider, required.
- Exhibits a community and customer service focus.
Director of Patient Care Services, Assistant Clinical Manager, Charge Nurse or designee
- N /A
- Service Excellence:
- Exhibits the Service Excellence Behavior Standards, role modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service.
- Provides for periodic rounding on patients & families, providing updates and initiating service recover on identified issues.
- Clinical Practice – Routine Patient Care:
- Under the direction of an RN, or other licensed staff member.
- Delivers patient care for an assigned group of patients. (Examples include, but are not limited to: vital signs, I&O, Height, weight, activities of daily living, preparation for admission, post-mortem care, patient transport and admission, ensures security of patient belongings.
- Responds to patient requests in a timely manner.
- Clinical Practice – Technical Skills:
- Under the direction of an RN, or other licensed staff member, performs:
- EKG & Monitor lead placement.
- Orthopedic skills (i.e.) splinting, crutch fitting, gait training.
- Visual acuity, eye irrigation & equipment set-up.
- CLIA-waived testing (i.e.) point of care glucose.
- Collects specimens (i.e.) throat, urine, stool, sputum.
- Wound cleansing & application of a sterile dressing.
- Suture & staple removal.
- Urinary catheterization & Foley care.
- Suture tray set-up, assisting with procedure.
- Set-up & assisting with pelvic exam.
- Assisting in triage, with data collection.
- Assist with application of restraints.
- Participates as a team member in hazardous material decontamination.
- Documentation & Reporting:
- Provides accurate and complete documentation in accordance with standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Completes clothing list.
- Reports observations & condition changes to RN and / or physician within a timely manner.
- Captures & records charges.
- Safe Practice:
- Practices positive patient identification.
- Completes assigned responsibilities according to policies, procedures, & organizational guidelines.
- Initiates appropriate emergency procedures.
- Maintains equipment appropriate to the care environment.
- Provides for a safe environment for patients (i.e.) side rails, patient positioning, maintains patient’s environment, cleaning patient stretchers & rooms between patient, provides post procedure clean-up, returning equipment to proper place, monitors patients who require direct visualization to ensure self protection or prevent elopement risk.
- Communicates pertinent clinical information to appropriate members of the patients care team.
- Keeps patient & families appraised and updated. Establishes and maintains positive strong communication with patients and families.
- Assists the clinical staff with answering incoming & placement of outgoing phone calls, utilizing scripted messages.
- Computer Skills:
- Utilizes computer systems, appropriate to position effectively.
- Appropriate use of the internet and intranet.
- Assumes responsibility to facilitate improvements in patients care, staff & physician relationships and the working climate.
- Assumes responsibility for room supply replenishment and room preparation.
- Assumes responsibility for completing own education.
- Assists in orientation of new staff and participates in student instruction and experiences when requested.
- Accepts responsibility for being pro-active in cost effective utilization of supplies and resources.
- Accepts responsibility for non-direct patient care responsibilities, as assigned (i.e.) obtaining medical records, transporting specimens, etc.
- Assists in maintenance of departmental compliance with continuous regulatory readiness.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- Participates in and coordinates with organizational process to collect and evaluate information about hazards and safety practices that are used to identify safety management issues. Adheres to established policies and procedures, which may include wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities.
- Exhibits a customer service and community focus.
- Fosters a climate that will assist Diley Ridge Medical Center to fulfill its mission.
- Accepts other responsibilities as assigned.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.