For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Pod Leaders serve as an extension of the Emergency Response Center leadership team, enhancing around the clock support to the new integrated service delivery team. Five Pod Leads will be responsible for coordinating high quality care across the continuum, and from shift to shift, improving the overall member experience, quality and continuity.
Pod Leads are responsible for the coordination of day to day shift activities. Shift activities include:
- Managing the overall case and shift workflow
- Collaborating, prioritizing and delegating work assignments for clinical, non-clinical, and Healthcare Intelligence
- Collaborating with Medical Director and Physician Advisors when appropriate
Addressing the holistic and end to end needs of complicated cases
Pod Leads will have responsibility for the following personnel activities:
- Lead approximately 10-18 individuals – Clinical Care Managers, Global Care Consultants, and additional staff as required
- Coach and mentor new and existing staff
- Participate in, and support, performance improvement projects and initiatives
Performance reviews and quality monitoring
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Active Unrestricted RN License for your state of residence
- 5+ years’ experience in medical – surgical inpatient acute care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- 1+ years' of clinical management experience of 10 or more
- Efficiently navigate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- 2+ years’ experience in utilization management or case management in a managed care or hospital environment
- International travel experience
- Experience in international healthcare and / or air medical transport
- Experience with MCG care guidelines
- Fluency in a second language
- Experienced with ER / Critical Care in an acute care setting
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: ER, Emergency Room, Trauma, Manager, Virtual, Telecommute