USMD part of OptumCare is a multi-specialty group of hospital, clinics and physicians. USMD serves the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area with more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners, and provides healthcare services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at its 2 hospitals, 1 cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics, many of which are multi-specialty.
The Emergency Services RN supports the vision of the positive patient experience (PPE) by working cooperatively with the Emergency Services team(s) to achieve positive patient outcomes. Supports standards of care in association with compliance to all state and federal regulations, standards of practice and USMD policies and procedures.
** 7 pm - 7 am Night Shift **
- Implement patient care using nursing process of assessment, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documentation
- Documentation of initial assessment, nursing intervention and patient and facility education and response
- Safe control of all pharmacy and medical supplies. Assists in maintaining clean patient care environment
- Professional courteous rapport with patient's families, coworkers, and surgeons. Liaison between patient, family, surgeon, and staff to coordinate care and services
- Participate in facility compliance activities and programs. Work cooperatively with other members of the team to maintain records and reach facility goals
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Current unrestricted RN licensure in the state of Texas
- 2+ years of Emergency Room or Critical Care experience
- BLS and ACLS certification is required and must be completed upon hire
- PALS or willing to obtain within 1 month of hire
- 5+ years of ER experience
- Previous Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) experience
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
Careers with USMD. If you’re idea of a great day at work involves putting great new ideas to work, we should talk. Throughout the greater Dallas area, we’ve built an evolving, integrated health care model that brings primary care and specialist providers together to work in new and better ways. A thriving part of OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, our multi-specialty group of hospitals, clinics and providers features more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners. We provide health care services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at our two hospitals, four cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.