At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Human Resources develops and implements people strategies to support Wells Fargo’s business objectives. This group manages compensation and benefits, human resource service centers, systems and payroll, finance, team member relations and assistance, talent management, learning and development, and recruiting. We work together as One HR to make Wells Fargo an employer of choice, where people are our competitive advantage. Our operating foundation is based on our ability to operate efficiently, develop HR team members, strengthen controls, and scale technology infrastructure
This newly created position will lead a team that focuses on developing and distributing legally required communications that describe the benefits programs available to current and former Wells Fargo team members. This team member will report to the Benefits Strategy and Planning Manager and advocate for simplicity, empathy, and clarity in all our benefits-related communications, partnering with others within the Benefits team, Corporate Communications, vendor partners, and other stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of four direct reports and currently two managed resources that plans, writes, edits, coordinates reviews, and distributes a variety of complex, required communications related to team member benefits programs
- Partner with compliance, risk, and legal teams to understand applicable laws and regulations and ensure communications meet those requirements
- Consult with the Benefits leadership team to identify strategic communications priorities and partner with Corporate Communications to develop communications programs in support of those strategies
- Identify opportunities to provide additional support for communications, such as administrative communications and webinars
- Ensure the team’s procedures are well documented, up to date, and used regularly
- Personally manage individual communications projects as needed
- Oversee expenses associated with communications that the team manages
Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of communications experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience developing employee benefits communication strategies and plans that align with business objectives
- Experience leading high-performing geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams within a matrix environment
- Experience with technical writing and editing communications
- Experience applying standard editorial style guide rules (Chicago Manual of Style, AP, etc.) to published materials
- Experience with Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and/or Department of Labor policies and regulations
- Experience presenting information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances understanding at all levels
- BS/BA or higher in English, journalism, professional writing, creative writing, education, or communications
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.